This software provides artificial intelligence based linguistic services to the users. It works by sending the text to be checked to our servers over an encrypted connection. This policy describes what kind of data we store.
Have you given us permission to use your data, you can revoke this permission at any time as described below.
- We don’t store the text that you submit for systems on EBLICT products, with the following exceptions:
- User explicitly provided permission to store data.
- When you use our online editor or our desktop app, your texts are stored on our server. They will be deleted once you move them to the recycle bin and then delete them there.
- If you explicitly submit feedback, for example about false alarms or undetected errors, we store that feedback.
- If you accept corrections, we log the internal rule id of that error (this is something like BENGALI_HOMONYMOUS_WORD_RULE for misplaced homonymous words errors).
- If you explicitly ignore corrections, we log the internal rule id of that error and the text fragment marked as incorrect (i.e. the small part of the sentence that was underlined as an error) and 15 characters to the left and to the right of the fragment. This enables us to analyse and avoid false alarms.
- In case of an internal software error (which is extremely rare), we log the sentence that caused the error so we can reproduce and fix the error. The sentence can be stored for up to 365 days.
- If you do not have a user account, we can no longer assign your data to you and therefore cannot delete it.
- All of our servers are hosted in Bangladesh.
- If you contact us via a contact form, your data will be transferred via an encrypted connection and stored in one of our databases.
- To improve our spell & grammar checker service, we keep a log of the following information:
- Date and time, length of submitted text, text language, processing time on server, number of detected errors, type of detected errors.
- The page on which you submitted the request
- Only for the browser add-on: add-on version; date of installation; random id of the text field that is being checked. Password fields are ignored by the add-on and are not transmitted to our servers.
- Only transferred when you uninstall the browser add-on: The number of times you used the add-on and the URL of the page where the add-on was last used. This way we can see which web pages cause problems with our add-on.
- Only transferred when you have an account on bangla.gov.bd and when you’re logged in with that account in the add-on: the add-on regularly (about once a day) contacts our servers to let us know that you’re an active user. This includes your browser (Firefox/Chrome/…) and your email address (which we already know because you already have an account on our system), but not any text you have written.
- To improve the speed of our software, we store analysed sentences and the errors found in them for up to 15 minutes on our servers in main memory (not on a permanent storage medium). The storage is done without IP address or any other information that would allow the sentences to be attributed to a person.
- If you send feedback directly via the “feedback” function integrated in the browser add-on, the following information will be transferred so we can better analyse the problem: premium account (if set), add-on version, languages accepted by the browser and language of the browser interface, the user’s country as determined by the IP address, the currently visited website, HTML of the current text field without its text content, number of CPU cores, date of first use, rating of the add-on (thumbs up/down), activation status of the synonym feature, duration of add-on usage in days, address of the System API server used, status of the “Do not track” setting, internet connection speed, rules deactivated by the user
- Login: You need to sign up at this site in order to use some features. When signing up, your username and email are stored in our database. If you want to modify this information or delete your account, please contact us.
- In our web server log files, your IP address is stored in an abbreviated form (like 192.168.xxx.xxx) so it cannot be used to identify you. Error messages like for exceeding the query limit are stored with the full IP for up to 48 hours so we can prevent abuse.
- We send emails using our dedicated servers.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC (“Google”). The use includes the “Universal Analytics” operating mode. This makes it possible to assign data, sessions and interactions across multiple devices to a pseudonymous user ID and thus analyze a user’s activities across devices.
Purposes of the Processing
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and Internet use.
Rights of the Persons affected
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by blocking the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functionalities of this website to their full extent.
You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading and installing the Browser Add-on. Opt-out cookies will prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. To prevent Universal Analytics from collecting data across different devices, you must opt-out on all systems used. If you click here, the opt-out cookie will be set: Disable Google Analytics.
- You have the right, upon request and free of charge, to receive information about your personal data we store.
- If you believe that the processing of your personal data is unlawful, you have the right to complain to a regulatory agency.